In-Mold Labeling (IML)
In-Mould Labelling is a highly advanced decoration process for plastics, in which the prefabricated plastic label is positioned directly into the mould by a special handling robot. The label may be printed on the reel or sheet and then die-cut to suit the product and stacked. The result is a decorated end product completed in a single process – with no need for subsequent labelling or printing.
- The prefabricated plastic label is deposited in the robot by a special handling device.
- The label is precisely positioned in the mould electrostatically or by applying vacuum, just before the injection process.
- The product and its decoration are completed in a single process. There is a total bond between the label and the product.
Benefits of IML
- High quality for the photorealistic reproduction of high-resolution images, small type size, barcodes
- High resistance to scratching, humidity, heat, cooling, deep freezing, and microwaving.
- Good hygiene characteristics of product, solvent-free colours, chemically pure film with optimum barrier properties.
- IML is the only technology that makes fully automated production possible. One substance packaging ideal for post consumer recycling
Remark : Some images are only presenting IML & Heat transfer application already in the market not for commercial purpose.